Tuesday, April 3, 2018

God's Plan is Greater Than Generations



Exodus 1:6 "In due season Joseph and each of his brothers died, ending that generation."  The New Living Bible.

God's
Plan
Is
Greater
Than
Generations

"Ah, Pink?"  My wrist snapped and the thimble of water emptied on my friend's face.  I was teaching new friends a family game of "Colors."  My great aunts (the Loves) taught me the game as a small child. 

Exodus 1:6 may seem like an ending but it has promise.  The next verse in many translations starts with a "but" or "meanwhile".  God has lots more to teach the Israelites, after all Exodus is at the beginning of the Bible.

Too often we judge His work and plan through the restriction of our understanding of time. We become discouraged when we think God doesn't deliver when we think it's time.  But God is greater than time.  He invented time.  My favorite word in this verse and in this translation is due.  "Due" tells me to relax.  God has a Plan.  There is a timeline in His Hands.  God is in Control, despite the way it looks to me.

I'm sure of one aspect of God's Plan.  It's Love,  showing His Love to me, and you, and teaching me to love.  (My branch of the Love Family has ended on earth but God's Love will continue through and past all generations.)


No comments:

Post a Comment