Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Can I ask you a favor?


Nehemiah 1:6

"Let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear..."

This  is it! The pressure is on! It's January 1st, the day resolutions are made.  Today is the day I'm going to complete one of my resolutions, I hope.

Nehemiah was the King's servant while living in exile.  He was loyally serving the King of Persia while his heart was loyal to the One True God.  The time had come to make his allegiance to God public and take the first step in his mission.

Nehemiah heard the status of the work of the exiles who had voluntarily returned to Jerusalem to rebuild.  He was distressed when he heard "the remnant there ... is in great trouble and shame..." (Nehemiah 1:3).  Nehemiah cried and prayed for days.  Then at just the right time, he approached the king for assistance.

Several weeks ago, my husband asked me for my goals in retirement.  I wanted to be selfish and claim the T-shirt proclamation of "I have a plan for retirement... I  plan to quilt."  I figured my husband was a bit more serious.  So I spent some time in prayer, thought and list making.  One of my three goals was to improve my writing skills and maybe fulfill my mother's desire for me at an early age:  to be a writer.

To achieve this goal, I made a few resolutions.  The first resolution was to get back to my blog.  I had neglected the habit with the excuse of moving.  Change is hard, even good change.  The past several months were a bit overwhelming. 

A few days ago I returned to my last blog series, "The Sixes".  I'm going through the Bible to reflect on the sixth verse of each book.  Each blog has  a six word title.

Today I'm executing my next resolution:  to expand my readership and hopefully encourage a few more people to get to know the best thing that ever happened to me, developing a relationship with the One True God.

I so relish the comments and feedback from my friends.  I'd like to meet friends of my friends. So, today I ask my friends to assist me with Resolution 2.  Could you do a few favors for me?  First, if you enjoy my blog, become a follower.  I've added the gadget to become a follower.  Secondly,  feel free to leave comments on the blog so we can continue discussion. Finally, could you share one of my blogs with your friends and encourage them to become a follower of my blog?  (Hopefully, you've already encouraged them to become a follower of Jesus!)

I welcome my friends to join my daily journey to know The One - The One who truly Knows.  To know Jesus. Every day is a new day!



 h

No comments:

Post a Comment