Thursday, July 25, 2019

Raise up guilty, True weakness revealed

“I am raising up the Babylonians, that ruthless and impetuous people, who sweep across the whole earth to seize dwellings not their own.”
‭‭Habakkuk‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/111/hab.1.6.niv

The caterpillar war continues.  My trusty shears and soapy water gave my tomato bush a two week reprieve.  A few days ago this very large, single minded caterpillar appeared.  He has been hard at work filling his belly and growing larger.


I've been slow to eradicate him.  I'm watching selfishness and greed at work.  This hungry caterpillar doesn't realize I have control of his fate.

I pondered the rise in power of those ruthless and impetuous Babylonians Habakkuk tells of.  Why would these dreadful people prosper?  Verse 11 reminds me that actions will reveal who and what we fight important. the god we follow.

“Then they sweep past like the wind and go on— guilty people, whose own strength is their god.””
‭‭Habakkuk‬ ‭1:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/111/hab.1.11.niv

The caterpillar follows its stomach.  The Babylonians follow their own strength. 

Does my life and action reveal that I follow God?

No comments:

Post a Comment