Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Conversation Hearts


YOUR

LOVE

TELL

My journal notes looked like those Valentine conversation heart candies, the ones that have only a word or two.

YOUR. In Deuteronomy 10:20-22,Moses uses the words "you" and "your" nine times in the translation I read.  Your God, your praise, your own eyes.  In my mind I was reminded, "it's about my relationship with God."

LOVE.  Deuteronomy 11:1 reminds me to love my God who loves me and provides for me.

TELL.  Beginning in verse 2 of chapter 11, Moses reminds the Israelites to tell their children of the great and awesome deeds of their loving God.  They saw these "great things" with their own eyes (verse 8) but their children were not there, not eyewitnesses.

When my son was in college, he emailed me and asked me to occasionally email him some "Mama" stories, so he would remember her.  His grandmother, my mother, had passed away when he was in elementary school.  I realized that it developed a habit for me.  At most events and holidays, a "Lizzie" story is told.  It helps remember her love and her character.

This morning the memory that comes to mind was the family gathered at her Thanksgiving table.  Every time her grandchildren asked for something Mama hopped up and got it. Mama made so many trips up from the table, away from her dinner plate, that  I finally said, "Mama is not getting up from the table again until she finishes her dinner!"  She was surprised by my command because she hadn't noticed the number of trips or that her dinner was cold.  She was meeting the needs of the delights of her heart!

How much more God provides for me!

MINE (one more conversation heart)

 These verses remind me:

*             My Life is about my personal relationship with God.  It is between Him and me.  Yes it is personal but  I need to share it.

*             This relationship is based on love, His love for me and mine for Him.  This love relationship should show in how I live my life.

*             I have a  lifetime of stories of the great and wonderful things God has done in my life.

YOUR.  LOVE.  TELL.  MINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment