Saturday, January 25, 2014

MAP

get my  most spiritual thoughts brushing my teeth.  It seems as a I travel life that is when my  mind is less cluttered and I am able to hear and listen to God's voice.

Wells of Jaakanites, Moserah, Aaron died, Eleazar becomes priest, Gudgodah, Jotbathan, purpose of tribe of Levi.  Deuteronomy 10:6-9 felt like one of those small group activities where you  make a time line of your life including your spiritual events.  The translation I read these verses even had these verses in parentheses. 

I was pleasantly surprised that amidst the travelogue of places and events was tucked the purpose of the tribe of Levi. It reminded me that God has tucked the purpose of my life amidst the seemingly mundane events in my life.

The tribe of Levi was to carry the ark of the covenant, stand before the Lord and pronounce blessings.   This special calling meant they had no inheritance.  Among the recitation of  places and events, Moses retells the purpose and mission  of the Levites.

This portion of the "map" of the Israelites' journey reminded me that I also have a "map" for my life.  I could make a timeline of my life.  Spiritually it would start with the blue carpet where we sat when I turned my life over to God's control.  The tile floor was cold and the folding chairs hard the day we both felt called to ministry. 

These verses in Deuteronomy also remind me of my purpose and mission in life just as the Levites.  I have a MAP.

Make and carry the ark.  My relationship with God is my life.  It has given me meaning, balance and endurance.  As with any precious commodity, my relationship must be nurtured and protected.

Always stand before the Lord.  I am to be honest with God and with others.  I am to be real, vulnerable and intercede before the Lord for myself and others.

Pronounce blessings.  I must give credit to God for my gifts, blessings and abilities.

In a very confusing world, I'm glad I have a MAP which gives me direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment