Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Cary On- Focus on Whole Picture

“Going through a long line of prophets, God has been addressing our ancestors in different ways for centuries. Recently he spoke to us directly through his Son. By his Son, God created the world in the beginning, and it will all belong to the Son at the end. This Son perfectly mirrors God, and is stamped with God’s nature. He holds everything together by what he says—powerful words! After he finished the sacrifice for sins, the Son took his honored place high in the heavens right alongside God, far higher than any angel in rank and rule. Did God ever say to an angel, “You’re my Son; today I celebrate you” or “I’m his Father, he’s my Son”? When he presents his honored Son to the world, he says, “All angels must worship him.””
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:3-6‬ ‭MSG‬‬
https://www.bible.com/97/heb.1.3-6.msg

Today's sixth verse will break my rule.  I've been on a trek through just the sixth verse of every book in the Bible.  My premise is there is inspiration in every single verse.  I still believe but the sixth verse of Hebrews and today's current crisis reminds me of context.

As a quilter, I've been able to use this "retreat" (or stay at home order) to finish projects and organize. I've had a tub of scraps I've stored and moved and stored.  Last week I enlisted my husband to aid me in ironing and cutting these potential throwaways into possible projects. He ironed.   I trimmed the scraps to my predetermined size.

The scrap pile loomed.  Yet I chose a scrap to "fussy cut."  To fussy cut the quilter will select just a single element of the fabric's overall design. Often the featured design is the middle of the whole piece




It's time consuming and wasteful but highlights a small portion.  My mind wandered to life and its meaning.

Too often we spend too much time focusing on just a small portion of life to make sense of all of life.  Yet what we focus on only makes sense in the context of the whole.  The whole is something we rarely understand.  It's beyond our comprehension.

Enjoy the focus on a "fussy cut" of life but remember it only makes sense when in context of the whole, which could be eternity.   Good thing God is eternal and understands eternity for me.

When I read the preceding verses of Hebrews 1:6, I am reminded that
Jesus is the radiance of God's glory;
Jesus is the exact imprint of God's nature;
Jesus upholds the universe by His word;
Jesus purified sins;
Jesus sits at the right hand of God;
Jesus is superior to all.

Jesus' resume for understanding Life is better than mine.  I'm leaving the whole picture to Him.  My life will only make sense in context of life trusting Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment