Friday, March 20, 2020

Faith Should Show Up in Deeds

 And I keep praying that this faith we hold in common keeps showing up in the good things we do, and that people recognize Christ in all of it.
‭‭Philemon‬ ‭1:6 ‭MSG‬‬
https://www.bible.com/97/phm.1.4-7.msg

Photo courtesy of Dick Sipe
My husband loves to grocery shop.  It might be his hunting instinct.  It is definitely his opportunity to engage people and he uses it to talk about Jesus.  He stops to chat with any church member he sees.  He stops to greet all acquaintances.   I never plan for a quick trip to the grocery store.

I remember the day nearly 40 years ago when verse six in Philemon made sense to me.  My husband was engaged in conversation with someone who had recently visited our church.  At one point the visitor commented that our church people had made an impression on him.  "They act the same in the grocery store as they do in church."

This moment is one of my AHA moments. I represent Jesus everywhere, in all that I say and do.  Wow and Yikes.  There is ease and concern.   Ease  - I'm always a Christian and every moment is an opportunity to witness.  Concern - Someone and everyone observes my words and actions as a reflection upon God.

From The Church Sign Calendar March 18


No comments:

Post a Comment