Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Our Role,Show To Whom Belong

“to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/111/eph.1.6.niv

Grandma Ada didn't like to have her photo taken. 
She had roosters in her kitchen decor.
This is an apron I embroidered for her when I was a kid. 

"Your coat looks worn. Go downtown and get a new one." I had just kissed my Grandma Ada upon arrival for a visit.  This was her standard welcome.

Her method of communicating her care was sending us shopping on her charge account!  I'm sure she called ahead to the dress or shoe shop because when I crossed the threshold of the store, the sales clerks welcomed me by name.  It was a small town.  My grandmother had a good reputation for being generous and paying her bills.

I recalled  the shopping experiences when asked to share a time I'd been treated like a princess.  The sales clerks really took care of me,making suggestions and sharing advice.  The clerks knew to whom I belonged.

I was blessed to be well dressed as a child.  The three little girls in the young family down the street benefited when I outgrew my clothes.  Whenever their mom told them they needed new clothes, their first thought was not a shopping trip but rather  what Janice would have outgrown! 

My clothes were freely given to me so my mom freely gave them when I'd used them a bit.  My grandmother dressed me well and only expected me to show her what I bought when I returned from the store.

Jesus freely gave me, and you, the very best, the opportunity to have relationship with God.  Ephesians chapter one reminds that I am blessed by God, chosen by God and belong  to God. All freely given by God through the work of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment