Monday, January 27, 2020

Do it, the flourishing finish guaranteed

“Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God’s Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:3-6‬ ‭MSG‬‬
https://www.bible.com/97/php.1.3-6.msg


This pile is my UFO pile.  UnFinished Opportunities.quilt projects not quite completed.  I leave this stack visible on a chest to inspire me to finish.  One project has only been there for six months.






This is my hidden UFO pile.  Some quilt projects have been filed in this pile for years, like double digit years!







I have high hopes when I begin a project.  Finishing is my favorite part.  So why do I have not one but two piles of UFOs?I become disappointed in the outcome.  I forgot why I liked the planned project.  I'm at the hard part. So I pile and "Scarlet O'Hara" them. ("I'll worry about that tomorrow!)

Philippians 1:6  reminded me of my UFOs, hidden and visible.  What plans and purposes does God have for me that I have relegated to UFO status?

Paul encouraged the Philippians with the reminder that God started a good work in them and He will bring it to a flourishing finish.  Paul has complete confidence in God's choice and plans.

So why am I so hesitant to watch God finish me well:

I'm disappointed, yet God is the one who should not be disappointed.
I forget the best way of life is God's way, not the fickle worldly way.
I lose connection with the source of my confidence, God.

Those sentences all begin with "I". Perhaps I should be following God, reminding me of my place and developing a closer relationship with the One who believes in me and will deliver the flourishing finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment