Thursday, May 5, 2016

Beyond Comprehension

This will be on the test. I would really pay attention when my teachers said this.

In Mark 9: 30- 32, Jesus shared coming events with His disciples. His lesson was so important He didn't want the crowds to distract them.

He told them The Son of Man would be betrayed into the hands of men, be killed and after 3 days rise.

The disciples did not understand but they were afraid to ask about it.

Jesus identified Himself as the Son of Man.  The One with authority over everything, illness, Weather, demons and earthly rulers. He forgave sins. He had demonstrated His authority before their eyes. Yet they did not comprehend.  They didn't know what would be on the test or even what the test would be.

With hindsight I can see Jesus was alerting them to the coming disaster and He gave  them hope beyond their comprehension.

I wonder how often Jesus has done the same for me?  Has the crowd of the world distracted me from hearing Jesus tell me what's coming and assuring me that He has all authority?

Perhaps I am afraid to ask when I don't understand. Yet  this passage reminds me that Jesus is The Final Authority and He offers comfort beyond my comprehension.


No comments:

Post a Comment