Monday, August 12, 2013

To the Platinum Girls


               (because Golden Girls makes us sound old!)

"I love you." 

"Thank you so much." 

"This means so much to me."

"What a great day."

                I heard these phrases and said them so many times in the past three days.  I spent a weekend with six amazing women.  My childhood friends had a refreshing, renewing and perfect weekend together.  

                We wore matching t-shirts, had manicures and pedicures together, laughed, shared, celebrated and ate together.

                We were very close growing up but as Life went on, we were spread across the world.  We had different careers, circumstances and concerns.  Living our lives took us in many directions.  I was not conscientious about keeping in touch.

                Last September  we met for our high school reunion and it was just like we were young again.  We laughed, reminisced and talked, lots of talking. 

                For me, it was a miracle, a gift and a blessing.      Our lives intersected at just the moment in my life when I needed to touch of these women!  I know it was God miraculously intervening in my life at just the time I needed the soothing comfort of my lifelong friends.  It was so easy to schedule time to meet with these women.  Considering Life's schedules, finding a weekend when all of us could gather is a miracle.  It has happened! I think and hope it will happen again.

                I commented several times this weekend that we are all still the same.  Each one of us has faced Life, the joys and challenges, and maintained her unique self.   I love these women and know they love me, just as I am.

                In Romans chapter 8 I am reminded that the Spirit helps us in our weakness even when we don't know what we need.  God knows our heart and gives us what we need even when we can't put it into words.  Nothing in life can separate me from God's love.

                Thank you God for the weekend, for the Platinum Girls and reminding me:

God loves me just as I am.

God meets my need at just the right time.

God is the same.  You loved me in the past, the present and the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment