Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Good News!

I recently received really good news.  The 100 pound monkey I’d been carrying on my back for a year and half was gone!  Wow!  I felt like a prisoner released from the cell.  I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time.  I didn’t consciously realize how much the situation weighed me down.

The word ‘good’ has been tainted by the world for me.  In my grade school, the grading system was  E was for Excellent which corresponded to an A.  G was for Good or a B. S was for Satisfactory or a C.  So in the back of my brain good is second best.

My news was good news!  It reminded me of the best Good News.

Whenever I think of The Good News, I play the “tape in my head”, and hear Charlie Brown recite Luke 2:10.  The Angel said to the shepherds, "Do not be afraid. I bring you Good News that will cause great joy for all the people.”  The angel announced the birth of our Savior, our Deliverer, our Best Friend.  This was really, really good news!

God’s Good News is so great is will cause great joy for all people!  We all need the Savior, the Deliverer and the Best Friend.

The Bible over and over tells me God is Good.  From the beginning of Genesis to the last word in Revelation, God wants us to be the best and have the best because He is Good.

Don’t fall for that trick of the world! God is not second best.  There is nothing better than what God has given us.  Forgiveness, Love, Life, Grace, and more than words can express.  Take time to consciously thank God for removing the weight of sin and rejoice in The Good News.  It was Great News when Jesus arrived on earth as tha baby but it’s Great News yesterday, today and tomorrow.

God is Good, Really, Really Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment