Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I love Sunsets

I want to be organized!  But I like to do it in my order.  So to clean out a couple of drawers of photos I’ve been on a scrapbooking binge!  I have indeed cleared a couple of drawers but the dining room has been overtaken by my scrapbook mania.  It certainly doesn’t look organized.

Usually I’m “cruel and ruthless” in my photo selection, only picking the best exposure and story, but I came upon 8 photos of one sunset in Arizona.  I could not eliminate a single one.  I entitled that page in the scrapbook, “Sunset Collector” and I used all 8 photos.
Here I confess, I am a sunset junkie!  I collect sunsets.  Hence the blog name, Sunset Jan.  When we’re in Hawaii, I go to the beach everyday, unless it’s really cloudy, to enjoy the sunset.  I checked my iphone photos.  There are 236 photos from the last 10 months and 29 of them are of sunsets.  Obviously I’m addicted. 

It has to be very, very overcast for me to not attend the sunset.  My dad will often ask if it was a good one and my reply is usually “they all are good.”  Some are magnificent.  Some good.  Some interesting (meaning there were clouds but I still enjoyed it).  But they are all good because I was there to enjoy it.

I don’t sing at the sunsets or recite scripture or poetry.  I just sit, enjoy and record the moments on my camera/phone.  Usually all I say is AAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunsets mean that I have lived another day!  I have God to thank for each and every day.  Each sunset proves He is faithful and dependable in a world that lacks both.  There has never been a day since the beginning of the world that the sun did not rise and set.  We may not be able to see it because of weather conditions but the sun continues to rise and set every day, every single day!

Psalm 36: 5 reminds me that God’s love and faithfulness reaches to the skies and beyond.  I think I’ll expand my sunset script to include that statement, to remind me of the limitless love and faithfulness of God.

I’m also going to add a bit of self evaluation and ask myself: Another day provided by a dependable God, so what I have done?  What has God done today?

I’m still going to finish my little sunset script with AAH!!!!!!!!!!!! 

All
About
Him

Some people advise you to stop and smell the flowers.  I do that too.  But stop and enjoy the sunset and remember AAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my favorite sunsets!


No comments:

Post a Comment