Monday, October 18, 2021

Need Wisdom, Ask...

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. [Jas 1:5 NIV] The screen in the car said "No key detected." I was holding the key in my hand in the car. My conclusion: dead battery in the key fob. Ahh the challenges of modern life. Fortunately I was at home with another key fob available.
I was able to use the automobile with the extra fob. Later I'd resolve the battery issue. Who will I call to advise me in my situation? In the olden days of movies and TV, the recommendation was "Ask Dad, he'll know". It was the theme of many of the earliest TV shows (which I watched on reruns, I'm not that old!). Young George Bailey in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" followed said advice when he encountered a Life threatening issue. My dad has been the source of many gems of wisdom. Who did I call for assistance with my dead key fob? The internet. I confess to being of the self-reliant mind who copes with the life's challenges through the internet with the attitude "how hard can this be?" Indeed, after multiple viewings of a demonstration video, I purchased the appropriate battery and installed it. The hardest part was getting the fob opened --that's the reason I had to watch multiple times! This verse in James makes me question my self reliance and trust in unknown sources of technology. Too often when a challenge is presented, do I go to the web first instead of asking The Father? The internet is full of non-trustworthy sites. Just this week I thought I was doing some research into a medical issue and ended up with an annoying subscription. I went to the source for assistance--the creator of the device. A quick trip to the support tab and I had eliminated the annoyance. Too often, even in spiritual matters, I use the internet and other earthly sources of information rather than going to the source, The Creator. The Father who knows all, is all and I have decades of proof of his love, dependability and wisdom. He, as the Creator of all, is absolutely trustworthy. Let's Engage: What was the last bit of wisdom you looked to the internet to provide? How did it go? What criteria do you use to seek wisdom in daily life? How has God given to you generously?

1 comment:

  1. AMAZINGLY ENOUGH, I THINK YOU DAD WOULD STILL HAVE HAD THE CORRECT ANSWER FOR YOU. HIS WISDOM DAILY AMAZES ME!

    ReplyDelete