Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Walk, walk, walk in the Light

“If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/59/1jn.1.6.esv


This photo captures just a few of my past dance partners.  I'm not a dancer.   A black and white photo of a toothless, smiling 5 year old in a tutu is proof of dance lessons in my childhood.   This aspiring young ballerina never made the high school dance team and later will be nicknamed, "The lady with slow feet."


The physical skill to dance is not in my "wheelhouse." Dancing is in my mind and spirit, usually to a tune learned on a trip overseas.  My memory thinks we sang and danced on an African  hillside, celebrating God's gift to a community. Yet the singers and dancers include ladies I traveled to the Philippines with years later.

My memories may be confused but the words to the song remind me of Truth.  The sixth verse of 1 John proclaims the truth singing and dancing in my spirit.

Some spiritually experienced ladies, somewhere in my past travels gave me the tune to this wisdom:

Walk, walk, walk in the Light!
Walk, walk, walk in the Light!
Walk, walk, walk in the Light!
Walking in the Light of God!"

The ladies in the photograph are smiling.  Smiles brighten the room and warm hearts.  The light of a smile dances out from the spirit to brighten, first the room and perhaps beyond.

Friends around the world enlighten the truth for me.  During this quarantine season of life, my new friends are "online."  I was invited and joined an online group study of Revelation. In verse 3 in chapter 4 of Revelation  John described The Light emanating from His throne as bursting forth, glittering like diamonds or rubies, glowing like emeralds.  God's Light bursts forth, glitters and glows.  Sounds like Bling to me.  I am all about Bling!  Now that's light to dance about!

My spirit longs for this almost indescribable light.  God's bursting, glittering and glowing Light  is only available to us through the blood of Jesus Christ who cleanses us from all sin (see 1 John 1:7). I am not able to earn or deserve this Gift of Light and Truth.  God sent Jesus to Earth to offer me the  opportunity to walk in the Light.  Now that's something to dance about!

It's a choice, walk in the darkness of the world or walk in the Light of God. The Light of God's truth exposes the lies of this dark world.  My toes are tapping.  The Dance is calling.  There's Light to be walking in today.






No comments:

Post a Comment