Friday, October 18, 2013

Live thoroughly


 

I changed my routine this morning and started a pot of soup to take to work.  The puppies reminded me that my activities were out of our routine.  When they got impatient waiting for me in our study chair, they got themselves in trouble.

How do puppies know about the importance of remote controls?  Countless times, they find the remote before I can remember where I've hidden it from them!  They change the volume and the channels while racing around the table proudly displaying their prize.  I've already pried the "1" button back into position.  Come to think of it, my little "control queen" is the one who most often seeks out the remote.  She is too smart for her own good.  She is sending a message to me that it's about control.  She is cute and adorable but stubborn.  Her brother is so obedient except when she distracts and gets him excited.

Someday soon, I pray, Molly will live in accordance with my rules.  I need to be thorough in my instruction and enforcement of the rules.  There is hope.  Three times this morning, before she found the remote, I checked on them, because it was quiet. She was patiently waiting for me in the study chair.   I presume she was telling me the soup can wait, it's time..........

This morning I read Deuteronomy 2:32-37.  At first I thought, "today it will be hard."  Moses is retelling the story of the Israelites completely destroying King Sihon, his family, his army and everything in his towns except the livestock.

A few words came to my mind:  "thorough" and "in accordance."  I was reminded that God is Thorough and He expects us to be thorough in following His commands.  To be thorough we need to be in accordance with His commands.  A dictionary defines accordance as agreeing or conformity.  I like the conformity definition because it includes action.  I may agree but I can choose to not act accordingly.  Conformity means my actions will reflect my agreement.

Thank you God that you are Thorough. You have loved me thoroughly.  You have provided and will provide for me thoroughly.  You are thoroughly in control.

Show me how to live in accordance.  Show me how to conform so my actions will reflect You.  Take control of my life, thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment