Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Good Job Gaius, Continue Good Work


“They have told the church here of your loving friendship. Please continue providing for such teachers in a manner that pleases God.”
3 John 1:6 NLT
https://www.bible.com/116/3jn.1.6.nlt

 


 

"I wish I'd known him." I realized as I sat in the church pew with my coworkers listening to the dearly departed's grandchildren memorialize.   He was a great guy who lived life well and left a legacy.

 

Years later, my "AHA" moment, at a funeral I went to out of respect, challenges my approach to life. Will my life make a difference?  How will  I be remembered?

 

The third book of John makes it plain:  Love and care for others in a way to bring honor to God.   John complimented the recipients of his letter . He acknowledged their support of other itinerant servants.  John also warns them to avoid the drama too often created by human selfish pride.

 

This book  reminds me to serve others so they will not say "  I wish I'd known her" but " God is good and faithful."   

 

Walk away from selfish pride. Walk in a manner  to glorify God.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment