Monday, May 18, 2020

Delay Not! God's Best Awaits Us

Delay Not!  God's Best Awaits Us

 

It's time to confess:  I'm a staller.  I never want a good book to end.  The final 50 pages can take days to read.  Even though I never read the ending until I get to it.  I dally through the closing of a book.

 

I started my current blog project over a year ago.  It should have taken me a few months at the   most,   Two entries remain.  Yet I find too many distractions to accomplish this goal.

 

The challenge of the blog series was a meditation on the sixth verse of each book in the Bible entitled with exactly 6 words.   I believe inspiration for my daily living is found in the Bible.  Would I find wisdom in each and every verse?

The advice in Jude 6 looms before me.   It may seem obscure to some.  It speaks directly. It makes me vulnerable.  It leads me to confess my feet dragging lifestyle.

 

 

 

“And I remind you of the angels who did not stay within the limits of authority God gave them but left the place where they belonged. God has kept them securely chained in prisons of darkness, waiting for the great day of judgment.”

Jude 1:6 NLT

https://www.bible.com/116/jud.1.6. 

 

The mind first focuses on limits and chains.  Hence the delay tactics begin.  Have I encountered the disproof of my  theory?  There is wisdom in each and every verse.  God imparts it. Guidance is available right where it belongs.  I choose to avoid, delay and procrastinate.

 

Just yesterday, I heard myself confess to two  different sets of friends.  I don't like to submit to authority nor confess failures or inadequacies.  I try to  create my own realm.

 

Yet,  God has the place where I belong.   It is the best as God gives the Best and only the Best.  My heart searched for The place to belong when everything in the world proved a cheap imitation, not even close to The Best.

 

My new BFF arrived on Saturday.  I'm in love with the lavender.  The best surprise was the ease of acquaintance.  I thought a new phone meant discord, confusion, frustration.  I avoided the change for years, hence the minimum trade-in value. 

 

Why did I wait so long to be in the place I belong?  I want the visible and tangible, but is it The Best?  I want the immediate and grandiose, but is it The Best?

 

Jude 6 has reminded me of my position, my place of belonging--in the hands of the all knowing, ever loving God who wants me to have The Best, His Best.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment