Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Unknown-Lent 2019

I followed an unknown man and got into trouble! My folks were hosting the Fam on a lake vacation.  This day was Jet Ski day. My son and I were paired. I was given the operating instructions which included my mother’s admonition that there was a one hour time limit on the rental. Happily we ventured off into the lake. I kept the shore in view but not close enough to see the folks. After what seemed to be an hour I noticed a fellow jet skier who I thought was my brother. “Good”, I thought “I’ll follow him in.

Unfortunately he was not my brother. I failed to get close enough. Well past the hour, the rental employee appeared close by and gave me the nod. Needless to say mother was frustrated.  The rest of the family smiled. For once I was in trouble. Usually I’m the one insuring we all follow  the rules.  Guess that’s what happens when you don’t stay close enough.

Perhaps we venture too far from God’s “shore” and follow the world’s imitation of God. Fortunately He sends us a nod to get close again. He smiles when we arrive too.

No comments:

Post a Comment