Tuesday, April 2, 2019

See-Lent 2019

“Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭34:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/111/psa.34.8.niv
“How far can you see?” The question was discussed as the group pondered this view. We all made a guess. Mine was 150 miles! Someone searched the internet and we learned it is actually only a handful of miles, something about the curvature of the earth and a man six foot tall.

This discussion and today’s word alerted me to my failure in perspective. Too often I’m trying to control 150 miles into my future. I miss the beauty of the current 3 miles. God has control for the 150 miles in the future as well as all the miles in between. Perhaps I should savor and utilize the current mile in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment