Wednesday, March 6, 2019

2019 Lent Devotion - Sprit



I've been readying and waiting for today.  Last year, for the first time in my life, I finished a Lent discipline, a photo challenge I found on Facebook.   Each day I posted a photo and a brief thought on the assigned word.  I made it all 40 days.  Thought I'd see if I could do it again!

Lent is about readying and waiting, remembering how and why Jesus came into this world and forever changed it.  I enjoyed the daily challenge of remembering how Jesus has forever changed my little world.  Hope my thoughts cause you to thank God for His Indescribable Gift!

Today's word is Spirit.  The Holy Spirit is the Comforter, just one of the many roles of Jesus' promised Guide and Companion. John15:16.   The Holy Spirit reminds me Jesus is always with me.

Mickey and Molly love fireplaces.  They find calm and solace in front of a fire.  The command, "Come, I'll turn the fire on."  is the most  obeyed command. 

Sometimes the pups approach the fireplace and stare into it until I turn on the flame. They are ready for calm and rest.


The pups have moved from their first home to a new home.  I worried about their adjustment.  They found comfort  once they discovered the fireplace!  
The last time in their first home





At home again













Jesus is my real home, the Home that is always with me  wherever I land. I just heard Jesus whisper "Come, I'll turn the fire on."  Today I find comfort is His warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment