Monday, April 4, 2016

My Coworkers Will Like This

"It's one of Life's great mysteries!"  I can see my coworkers cringe when I give this answer to the question of the source of a technological miscue.  I am brave enough to reboot and/or unplug a computer so I'm called for advice often.  I have a pretty good "fixed it" rate but very limited "why" knowledge.

Verses 22-26 in Mark Chapter 8 land in the great mystery category.  Jesus and the disciples arrive in Bethsaida when a group of men bring a blind man and beg Jesus to touch him.  Jesus took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village.

After He spit on the man's eyes, Jesus asked him "Do you see anything?"  The man looked up and said "I see people. They look like trees walking around."

So Jesus put His hands on  the man's eyes again.  The man's eyes were opened, his sight restored and he saw clearly.  Jesus sent the man home telling him not to go into the village.

What does this mean?  Why spit? What about people walking around like trees?  Why did the guy have to go home alone? (Would he know the way since he was blind when he came from home?)
I've been thinking about these questions for a few days.  My coworkers will smile.  I'm giving myself the answer I've given them:  it's one of Life's great mysteries!

Yet these verses taught me something just like rebooting the first time fixed a computer issue.  When something works do it again.  My lesson from these verses, when I can't see clearly go back to Jesus for a second touch.  Jesus didn't just give the man sight, He gave him clear vision.

Jesus is the source of clear vision.  I don't have to comprehend the why and the how.  Jesus will show me the next step.  I think the man knew exactly how to get home because Jesus gave him that gift too.  Jesus wouldn't leave the man lost in a new world of sight.  Jesus would also have given the man the ability to get on with his new life.  The man didn't need to go back to his friends for help to get home.  Jesus gave him the way home.

So I may not comprehend the why and how but when I go to Jesus, even if I need a second time, He will get me on with my life.  It may seem like I live in a world of "people walking around like trees" but Jesus will get me through a crazy world if I keep going to Him for seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment