Friday, February 12, 2016

Sunset interlude #9

The illusive green glass

Today I went on a hunt much as we hunt for the good life. I trekked through the surf looking for beach glass. It was easy to find bits of brown glass. If you need a brown beer bottle reassembled, I have what you need. 

I spent too much time looking down at my feet. I happened to look up and to the right and saw a large piece of green glass. But I am old and slow and a wave took it away just as I reached for it. 

I was determined to find that green glass. The next half hour I swiveled my head and tried to find the green glass. I found several other treasures and met a new young friend who gave me more glass.

As I started up to my belongings to finish my hunt, there it was behind me a large piece of green glass.

But that's not all!  At my new perch to watch the sunset 

I looked down and found another piece of green glass!

Life is full of surprises if we keep looking!
We need to look down and to the left and right and even behind.



No comments:

Post a Comment