Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Life advice from a cutie!


"I'll be right there with you."  My daughter-in-law tried to soothe my sobbing granddaughter as I held her.  I was visiting on "grandma duty" to help out.  Yet my granddaughter only wanted her mom and dad.  While her momma held her, she would smile and giggle at me but the instant I held her she melted into a puddle of tears.

It's no coincidence that I read Deuteronomy 31:23 that morning.  God tells Joshua, the next leader of Israel, who will actually lead them into the Promised Land, to be strong and courageous.  God also reminded Joshua that He would be with him.

In my journal I jotted down action steps on how to be strong and courageous.  Decide to be strong. Believe in the mission. Never waiver. Believe.

Then I read this verse in The Message and there were the same words I heard my daughter-in-law use to reassure her daughter, "I'll be right there with you."  In The Message I am reminded to be strong, take courage, lead the way and God will be right there with me.

My granddaughter could have courage as long as she was held in her momma's arms, clutching the collar of her momma's shirt. 

I will have courage to face the world when I remember that I am safe in the arms of God.  I am reminded that I need to get a better grip on God (just as my granddaughter grips her momma's shirt).  The tighter I hold onto God, the stronger I will be and the more courage I will have.

Thanks, you little cutie, for a good lesson for life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment