Friday, June 26, 2020

I, Jesus


"...I came so they may have Life and have it abundantly."  John 10:10b

I, Jesus...

"If I'm wrong and you're right what have I lost?  But if I'm right and you're wrong... You've lost everything."  His statement pierced my heart and mind. My confidence  in my self-formed "what happens at the end of life" was shaken.

I never want to miss anything. Too my friends' humor, I often sleep in the living area during the girl retreats.  I'm early to bed, early to rise.  So to prevent missing any late night shenanigans, I'll sleep on a couch with the late night types leaving the instructions to wake me for the really fun stuff.

When my new husband shared his experience with Jesus and the gift of eternal life, I confidently responded with my view that we end up in the ground, period. His Spirit-led response to my retort shattered the philosophy to which I depended. I really do not  want to miss something so eternal.

Eternal life?  What was that about?  Where is it?  How about me?  I may want that.  The pondering began.  Questions had answers. As dominoes fall, my almost agnostic world crumbled.

My abundant life was on the horizon. I saw real hope.  I yearned for a real future better than I could imagine.

One evening, shortly thereafter, we were watching TV at our friends' home.  Suddenly my husband jumped from the floor, switched off the TV and announced we were going home.(He claims we were playing the game of Life, but I don't recall.)

The house with aqua carpet


Upon arrival at home, he took my hand and led me to the floor with the horrible aqua carpet.  He laid it out for me.  Who, What, How. I knew the Why.....I didn't want to miss anything! Next thing I remember clearly was asking Jesus for forgiveness of my sins and pledging to follow His way.

My abundant life began.  Today it continues.  Sometimes I miss the fullness due to my stubborn selfishness.  The goal of this blog series is to deepen my gratitude and understanding of the enormous gift Jesus gave and gives.

How did your journey with Jesus begin?  Remembering the foundation or finding of yesterday will inspire joy and enthusiasm today. 

If you haven't made the choice to receive this incredible gift, do it today!  You don't want to miss anything either!

Jesus and I. 

It  begins with Jesus. 

It continues with Jesus. 

Think  I'll linger a bit longer considering Jesus.  More next time.


1 comment:

  1. Love this Jan! That abundant, eternal life begins in the here and now. So glad for Jesus' offer and glad I said yes to it too. Thanks for sharing, sister❣

    ReplyDelete