Sunday, May 5, 2019

God Knows, Chooses, Believes in me

I've named it "Disclosure Corner".  We live in a society that needs to expect misunderstanding and failure.  This pile is just for the last 7 months!  Not shown are countless times I've clicked "I've read and agree" on an internet site.  We need to cover ourselves with disclosure yet never really read the warnings for issues, problems and failures. (Note the still sealed plastic mailer.)

 "Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."  Jeremiah 1:6 NIV

Today as I read, it seems Jeremiah is delivering his potential failure warning to God as God reveals His calling for Jeremiah.  Jeremiah is just like so many other Biblical heroes, and us, ordinary wannabe servants.  Worried about not meeting expectations. I'll admit that too often I've confessed the same when sensing God's leading.

In spite of Jeremiah's prediction of inadequacy, God replies with empowering instructions:
Do not say you are a child. Go where I send you.
Don't be afraid.  I am with you.

Then God did a really cool thing.  He touched Jeremiah's mouth with His hand and pronounced, "See today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."(Jeremiah 1:8 NIV)

Now that's a scrapbook moment! It should be preserved in a method so it will serve as a constant reminder. It's worthy of a post-it note on the bathroom mirror so it will be a daily reminder.

I don't have the influence of Jeremiah but each day God has Jan-sized missions.  I may try to play the disclaimer card with Him but God says the same to me just as He said to Jeremiah, and you;

I know you
I choose you
I believe in You

God reminds me, and you:
Go where I say
I will always be with  you
Remember the past times I have touched your life.

Failure is not an option if I follow His instructions.  He's done it in the past.  He's immensely more reliable than I, so I expect Him to succeed.







No comments:

Post a Comment