Monday, January 1, 2018

what if?

”give us senior citizens something free and we go crazy!”




I’d posted my Happy New Year message on Facebook with a short video. My friend commented that it sounded like I celebrated with a gaggle of geese. Actually it was a restaurant full of happy adults with free horns! They tooted through the entire 8 minutes of fireworks. (You’re glad I only posted 21 second but I have the whole 7+ minutes if you’re interested,)


My friend’s comment came to mind when I read my first assignment for the 2018 daily bible reading challenge.  Genesis 1-3 tells of  God’s work and provision for you and me. He created the world and everything we need. He also gave us the double edged gift of choice. We can choose good or evil, trouble or peace, God or self.

Adam and Eve listened to the serpent and their selfish desires.  After their choice to disobey they heard God coming. So they hid from the Giver of Life.

What if they’d remembered all the Giver had freely provided? What if they’d listened to their praise?

What if I would use praise in the challenging circumstances to combat temptations and feelings of defeat?

What if I could not be like Adam and Eve and praise God for what He has already done for me, in the past, present and into the future rather than thinking “why me?” Or “why not?”

What if, rather than hiding from God, who gave me all I ever need, I was like the revelers
with free horns and toot for joy for the whole 8 minutes?

What if we make 2018 the year of listening to God, not running and hiding, but praising Him for His Gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment